Final year project – In the academic world, it is a routine convention that having studied for a period, students are required to do research, make findings, choose a topic and develop good and quality content for such topic. In most cases, final-year project topics are selected from a pool of available ones by students and approved by their tutors before they commence work on it.
Final Year Project (FYP) is a project or academic task that each undergraduate student must complete individually in order to graduate. Its purpose is to demonstrate the skills and knowledge that students have gained during their studies. READ MORE
Eventually, students are expected to make a presentation to a group of enlightened scholars with respect to their final year project and also try to relate it to the real-world scenario that awaits them having acquired qualifications in their field of study, art is generally known as final year project defence.
Under listed are a few tips to help you make an outstanding presentation while defending your final year project:
- Do thorough research on your topic: It is important to make detailed and extensive research on your topic so as to familiarize yourself with the concepts involved.
Arrange your findings: After conducting proper research, it is important to arrange your resultant findings in order of necessity.
- Write: Writing down your project and presentation steps in order will help you familiarize yourself with the content and also help you to know what to say and when to say it.
Note key points: writing down key points on handy notes or cards can be helpful. When presenting, just look at a point and give details. Remember you must not appear to be reading to your audience rather you should appear to know what you’re presenting.
Get Public Administration Project Topics
Check Also: Best Project Research Writing Tools 2022
- Practice your speech: practising your speech aloud severally all by yourself until you get used to it and feel confident about it can be of great help in achieving excellent presentation delivery. Sometimes, rehearsing in front of a mirror and simulating the real world environment by rehearsing before a few friends and family if available could help too.
Get feedback: Feedback from your simulated audience can draw your attention to areas where improvement is necessary. The encouragement and or criticism they give to can give an idea of what to expect in the real presentation and as such help in preparation.
- Dress well: Finally, on D-day, ensure that you dress appropriately and look confident so as not to draw undesired attention to yourself.
- Speak up: try to speak audibly, clearly and coherently but avoid shouting.
Look up: Looking directly at your audience instead of fidgeting or looking at the ground sends a good signal that you are confident and know what you’re speaking about. However, if you feel uncomfortable with direct eye contact, try looking at their foreheads or any other focal points in the venue.
- Be confident: Your self-esteem and knowledge should be combined to prove to your audience that you know more about your topic than the other people around you. Deliver your speech confidently and articulately.
- Exit the stage: it is important to thank everyone for their time and attention before leaving the stage
We seek your support
From day one, AU believes that education is a lifelong process that enriches the intellectual, moral, and spiritual life of the individual and prepares one for an active role in society.
Our services are provided in the spirit of a new Nigeria in order to better the Nigerian society through quality education. We want to reach the greatest number of Nigerians possible. Help us spread the spirit of a new Nigeria by contributing in these ways, which will only take a few seconds and one or two clicks.
- By sharing the post – You never can say who among your friends on social media might benefit from this. So by sharing, you will not only help us serve more people but you will also be saving someone with valuable information. To share the post, click on either the Facebook or Twitter icons under the post and follow the prompt.
- Drop a Comment – Never read without saying a word. Your commendations, criticisms and suggestions will help us serve you better. Also, your contribution may be the information that someone needed. So endeavour to drop a comment in the comment box.
- Join Our Mailing List – We want to continually serve you. However, since we may miss our publication dates; you will help us get our content to your mailbox directly. By subscribing for updates, you become our VIP – you will get updates on our works, discounts and bonanza. To join our newsletter, drop you email on the box at the sidebar.
Thanks for Visiting Our Site – Support us spread quality, share this guide!
Leave a Reply