Personal Development and Self care – These days, the trend of taking care of oneself has become popular. These unusual times have heightened people’s awareness of their mental wellbeing, leading to growing interest in personal growth and wellbeing.
We all look to be our best selves but there always comes a struggle to achieve that goal. Self-care is something that people usually struggle with, and it is very important for personal development. The life you want won’t be possible unless you take adequate care of yourself.
What is self-care?
Self-care is anything you do that is good for you. Self-care energizes you and improves your mental health and physical health. The more you will take care of yourself, the happier and more supportive you will be.
Everything you do doesn’t have to be good for you. For example, if you feel good after alcohol intake, then it is temporary. Over the long term, you should avoid alcohol. It is very important to understand the difference between healthy self-care and potentially damaging self-care.
Self-care delivers many benefits for your health and that is as follows:
- It improves your physical health.
- It reduces stress and anxiety.
- It boosts your self-esteem.
- It protects your mental health.
- Self-care can lead to better relationships. Isn’t that great? You don’t have to be in a toxic relationship.
- It energizes you
What is personal development?
Personal development is a phrase that refers to activities designed to improve talents, potential, employability, and even wealth. Any time you are consciously making an effort to improve yourself, you are participating in personal development.
Personal development refers to all the activities that are designed to improve your talent, wealth, and potential. Personal development propels you forward to become the best version of yourself. It does not impact your personal lives only but your professional lives too. It plays an important role in your career path and the decisions you take beyond it. It assists you in becoming a well-rounded, productive individual.
Personal development has the following benefits and that include:
- You get a confidence boost
- Lower stress levels
- Better self-awareness
- Higher self-esteem
- More creativity and clarity
- Improves focus and effectiveness
- More fulfilling relationships
How Self-care and personal development are correlated?
If you wish to work on yourself, then self-care should be a priority. Personal development is all about bettering yourself and becoming the best version of yourself and it is not possible without self-care.
Personal Development and Self care – Taking care of yourself brings positivity, and this, in turn, increases motivation, productivity, and most importantly your happiness. If you feel low, then you won’t be able to work on yourself.
One should always do things that make one feel good. Self-care and personal development go hand-in-hand. If you will take good care of yourself, then it will reflect a lot on your personal growth. There are many self-care activities that you should add to your routine like yoga, meditation, sleep cycle, diet, and many more.
You can look for various instructors providing free Yoga videos and you should also learn some new skills for your personal development. You can find these videos on YouTube. What are you waiting for? For a hassle-free experience use Fusionnet’s ultra-fast internet.
Don’t wait for the light at the end of the tunnel, be the light at the end of the tunnel.
Goal Setting for Personal Development
Goal setting is everything to help yourself feel like you’re going through life with a sense of purpose. I like to have some small goals and some larger goals.
The smaller goals helped me feel a sense of accomplishment more often. Examples of small goals that I’ve had are: only eating out once a week, only drinking coffee in the morning (I’m telling you, that’s how much I love coffee), and working out Monday to Friday for a month.
Having larger goals helps me to live life with purpose. Some of the large goals that I’m working toward are: completing house renovations, purchasing a trailer, and saving a large emergency fund.
Check Also: Best Project Reserach Writing Tools 2022
Personal Development Books
Reading books can help build your personal development and self care. If you a love reading books/novel, the best place to get interesting novels is amazon book store online. Download books via amazon.com
It might sound cliche by the first personal development book that truly changed me was Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes. Upon reading it, I decided to live my year or yes. It pushed me to say yes to opportunities at work, to participate in my first Crossfit Open, to start running again, and many other things.
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- High Performance Habits by Brendon Burchard
- The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer
- Dare to Lead by Brene Brown
- Five tips for Personal development and self care
Have you read any of those books? Do you recommend any other personal development books?
I’d love to hear your thoughts. I love getting recommendations from fellow readers especially on personal and career development books!
We seek your support
From day one, AU believes that education is a lifelong process that enriches the intellectual, moral, and spiritual life of the individual and prepares one for an active role in society.
Our services are provided in the spirit of a new Nigeria in order to better the Nigerian society through quality education. We want to reach the greatest number of Nigerians possible. Help us spread the spirit of a new Nigeria by contributing in these ways, which will only take a few seconds and one or two clicks.
- By sharing the post – You never can say who among your friends on social media might benefit from this. So by sharing, you will not only help us serve more people but you will also be saving someone with valuable information. To share the post, click on either the facebook or twitter icons under the post and follow the prompt.
- Drop a Comment – Never read without saying a word. Your commendations, criticisms and suggestions will help us serve you better. Also, your contribution may be the information that someone needed. So endeavour to drop a comment in the comment box.
- Join Our Mailing List – We want to continually serve you. However, since we may miss our publication dates; you will help us get our content to your mail box directly. By subscribing for updates, you become our VIP – you will get updates on our works, discounts and bonanza. To join our newsletter, drop you email on the box at the sidebar.
Thanks for Visiting Our Site – Support us spread quality, share this guide!
Leave a Reply